In case you are looking for the best oil filter features as well as the best oil filter brands, you will be bombarded with a lot of suggestions and information. Since the oil filter is one of the most important items for your car and car repairing service, the market for it if quite huge and you have a wide range of selection.
Different brands of oil filter will have different methods of using and the durability. That is the reason when you ask me how often you should change your oil filter, I will not be able to come up with the answer right away.
There are many factors that will affect the time you can change your oil filter. The quality of the filter and the constructions, all contribute to the time you can use your own brand of oil filter.
You should change your car oil filter on a regular basis for some obvious reasons:
- A good car oil filter working properly will ensure your car can run smoothly on the road and has no problems with the engine system. It helps to enhance the capacity and performance of your car.
- In addition, it will help to increase the durability of your car engine and your car in general.
- If you change your car oil filter frequently, you will be able to prevent extra more expensive price you have to pay later on to fix the damaged caused by broken car oil filter.
Let’s first explore the differences among various types of material of car oil filter:
This is the most important thing that will determine when you have to change the oil filter of your car. As you have already known, there are a huge variety of materials that you can have with your oil filter. You can have some materials which are very cheap but in other hand, there are some expensive high quality materials.
In general, premium quality material will make a car oil filter more expensive. But you don’t have to change it so often though. Vice versa, a cheap car oil filter will wear out sooner, costing you more money in the long run.
When I mention about materials of the car oil filter with the durability, it is worth mentioning that with high quality material, the effectiveness of the car oil filter in term of filtering oil is much better.
Now let’s go into more details about different types of car oil filter:
- In case your car oil filter is made from plain paper– a really cheap material, the durability of this product cannot be more than 6 months. Provided that you use your car often every day, you will need to change it more often.
- With rubber car oil filter, the durability of this car oil filter is also from about 6 to 8 months, depending on the frequency of use. In addition, you might need to change the car oil filter made from rubber more often if you drive your car the summer, when the temperature is pretty high.
- Synthetic material such as NANO filter car oil filter is one of the best materials you can have on the market for your car. In this case, you are able to use it for such as long time and up to about 30 000 miles. You need to pay for a higher price but it will last longer and more capable of filtering oil.
Another important feature that can determine the durability of a car oil filter is its own type.
- On the market, you can find 2 main types of car oil filter: the spin on filter and the opened cartridge car oil filter.
- In general, the spin on filter has a metal can which is stamped at the bottom with a flat base. This flat base has various threaded holes and o ring gasket to help filter the oil and prevent oil leak out ò the plate.
- Another type of car oil filter is the opened cartridge filter. It is the same like the spin on filter, without the metal can.
- As you can see, the difference between two types of car oil filter is not much. Therefore, the durability of the car oil filter will also depend on the specifications from the manufacturers as well.
- So when you buy a car oil filter from the shop, remember to ask the experts in stores about the durability of the products as well as the intended date that you should dispose it.
There are also many other factors that determine the durability of your oil filter such as the weather, the capacity of the product itself and the function of the back valve to name just a few. In case you are still unsure about the date you should change your car oil filter, you can bring your car to the shop to have it check
I hope that this simple article would be able to answer your question. Different oil filter will have different durability. You need to consider all of its types, its material as well as its brands for more information.
Remember to check this important part of your car frequently as it will determine how healthy and smoothly your car will run. If you forget to check your car oil filter, it is time you should check it now.
Morgan believes that protecting your car from eliminate dregs doesn’t have to be overwhelming. Are you ready to take charge of your car’s machine?